More and more people are choosing natural means over artificial and manmade objects. No wise human wants to add to their carbon footprints and make the world have more carbon to deal with than before. The natural swimming movement saw its popularity gaining from originating in Europe. Using natural stones and small gravels makes these pools look beautiful and a piece of natural design.
These pools have a decking made in several materials, but usually wood is the obvious choice for people. The natural pond-like structure makes these swimming pools have an eco-friendlier appearance. Here is a small comparison between the advantages and disadvantages of the pool type and design. Ask your swimming pool installation services to help you understand more about the configuration.
What Do We Love About It?
- Natural pools are environmentally friendly and will adapt to different seasons well, unlike traditional swimming pools.
- Unlike the common perception of these being the mud and rocks, these swimming pools are more functional and beautiful than traditional ones.
- Modify the design as you like by choosing from various designs, rocks, wood, boulders, plants, etcetera.
- Natural swimming pools do not rely on heavy chemicals for cleaning purposes. You can opt for natural plant filtration. Traditional swimming pools require chemicals to keep clean and running, and they are hard on the environment.
- Except regular skimming and debris cleaning, these require much less upkeep and maintenance than traditional swimming pools.
- Flexible design and construction make them a preferable choice over traditional pools.
What We Do Not Like?
- The construction cost of building a natural swimming pool can be huge and potentially a massive investment.
- You would require to have a large area to build a natural pool. More so, because you will need a separate pool beside the primary one to clean the water.
- It is challenging to find a contractor or builder who has expertise in making lasting natural swimming pools. Make sure to go through their previous work before you select a contractor for your swimming pool.
- A second pool is required to create a regeneration zone, meaning a pool full of plants and stuff that will clean your pool’s water. Space and additional cost can make you feel more inclined towards traditional pools.
- The color of the water cannot ever be sparkly blue or clear because of the natural elements in the natural pool. The water will have a brownish tint.
- A natural swimming pool will be more reasonable to maintain in the long run but, it is going to take a lot of space. Thus, making it a costlier investment for you if considering selling the property in the future.
Having a natural swimming pool can be a beautiful addition to your house. Yet, it can be difficult and costly installation because the construction will take up most of the space. Choosing a natural pool for your yard is a step towards a more sustained tomorrow. Not just because it is about a pool, natural construction can make the pool look more natural and environment friendly.